We are seeking an innovative Science teacher with experience from any science specialism to join our school community. You should be a passionate lifelong learner who is hardworking and enthusiastic with excellent subject knowledge. You will be a motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in Science.
Bay House has an excellent A level science provision, with great resourcing and high outcomes across all three disciplines. The ability to teach A Level is not a requirement but for suitable candidates there will be the opportunity to do so.
Triple science is taught to over 50% of the KS4 cohort and we teach within subject specialisms as far as possible.
If you possess the following qualities we would welcome an application from you;
• An in-depth knowledge and passion for Science
• Endless enthusiasm and patience
• Good communicator
• An excellent practitioner, reflective and driven to improve
• A teacher who can inspire in others a love for Science
• Driven to want to improve the quality of teaching across the school and in your subject
• Committed to supporting the development and improvement of others – teachers and pupils
Pupils are encouraged to participate in a range of extra-curricular activities, outings and competitions throughout the year both in the UK and abroad. STEM is at the centre of our curriculum and we have regular access to the newly opened Gosport STEM centre on our school site.
What can we offer;
• A vibrant community where the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people is our driving force
• The opportunity to join dedicated teams, who deliver excellent support to our pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community
• A commitment to everyone in the organisation having a passion for and love of learning and building in young people self-confidence, self-belief and self-esteem.
• A firm commitment to on-going professional development and your well-being
• A range of leadership programmes and activities across the partnership of schools
• Membership of a vibrant MAT where different routes to leadership, career and development opportunities exist
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Membership of one of the UK’s largest public sector pension schemes
• Free access to a gym and swimming pool
Gosport & Fareham Multi Academy Trust is the first localised Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) established in Hampshire. Our Schools encompass Bay House School & Sixth Form, Brune Park School, Gomer Junior School, Rowner Junior School and the LWS Academy.