Estates Assistant – LWS Academy
Working Pattern: Split shift morning 6 am – 10 am and afternoon 2 pm to 6 pm (2.30 pm start Friday).
We are able to consider applications for just the morning or the afternoon as well as the full 37 hours. Please indicate your preference in your application.
The successful candidate will provide support and assistance with the maintenance/management of buildings, grounds, materials and equipment so that optimum use of the site can be made for school and community purposes. The duties to be undertaken by this post will encompass a range of activities including the provision of unlocking/locking up, site security, overseeing of lettings/hirers, routine maintenance, decorating/refurbishment, moving and handling of objects and primarily ensuring the site is kept clean and safe. Effective team working and flexibility is essential.
The successful candidate should be willing to undertake appropriate training in areas where they do not have expertise.
The role will require working at heights on occasion and assisting with community lettings/hirers. You should have a strong work ethic, be organised and have the ability to take the initiative to deal with problems as they arise. We are looking for individuals who have a positive, pro-active attitude and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Your day-to-day tasks may include, but not limited to:
- carrying out day-to-day maintenance and repairs to include plumbing, carpentry, glazing, redecoration
- supervision of contractors
- completing pro-active checks as required
- making sure that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- cleaning duties as required
- checking the premises to guard against vandalism or break-ins
- opening up the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- arranging chairs and tables for meetings and clearing away afterwards
- accepting deliveries and routing mail
- key holder responsibilities
If you are a confident, self-motivated individual with good communication skills and a friendly, patient approach, we would welcome an application from you.
If you would like to speak informally to a colleague before making an application, please contact email@example.com or call 02392 616012 to arrange