Teacher of English
We are looking for devoted English teachers looking for a new challenge. If you have the passion and the enthusiasm to be a positive influence in the lives of pupils with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring them to excel, you should submit your application to join our organisation.
Both of our secondary schools run large and dynamic English departments which also oversee courses in GCSE Film Studies, GCSE Media Studies, A Level English Language, A Level English Literature and A Level Film Studies. We would be very open to discussing how your teaching experience may suit one or more of these areas
GFM schools are friendly and rewarding places to work. We value the critical role all our colleagues play within our community.
Applications from suitably experienced professionals and ECTs are most welcome.
- understand how children develop, think and learn
- have a determination to secure positive progress and have high aspirations for every pupil
- be committed to breaking down barriers to learning
- be committed to nurturing a child’s happiness and enjoyment of school
- have a strong commitment to safeguarding
- be an enthusiastic individual with a good sense of humour who is able to develop positive relationships with pupils, parents and team members.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join a dedicated team who deliver excellent support to our pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community
- The opportunity to develop and grow across the whole GFM, with potential for further responsibilities.
- On-going CPD with programmes of study
- The opportunity to establish and lead extra-curricular activities
- Friendly and enthusiastic learners and colleagues who are rightly proud of their schools
- Membership of one of the UK’s largest public sector pension schemes
- Free access to a school gym and swimming pool.
- A Chromebook or Laptop for use in school and at home.
Unsure? Why not call us to arrange to speak to a colleague 02392 616012