Start date: asap on completion of safe recruitment checks
Hours: 33 hours per week / 39 weeks per year
Salary range: Actual pro rata salary £17,138 (based on Pt 7 £22,369 FTE) (Range Point 7 – 11 £22,369 to £24,054 FTE)
Site(s): Secondary (either Bay House or Brune Park)
We are seeking confident, self-motivated individuals who are good communicators, patient and have a friendly approach to join our team of Cover Supervisors (known within the GFM as Teaching Associates). This role will see you covering teacher absence with supervising pupils carrying out lessons and to manage a classroom, ensuring that pupils remain on task.
Duties may include:
- supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
- collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
You will have
- Excellent team working abilities
- Enjoy working with young people and acting as a positive role model, setting high expectations of work and behaviour
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with School/department policies and procedures and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and child protection, equal opportunities, health & safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to a line manager
- An interest and enthusiasm for many sports
- Good communication skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and motivate performance
- Ability to analyse problems
- Perseverance and patience
- Good organisational skills
- A sensitive and supportive approach
This is a highly rewarding and sometimes challenging role. We are looking for individuals who are supportive, non-judgmental, patient, easy to talk to, positive and flexible. You must be able to speak to pupils in a manner which encourages and supports them.
If successful, we can offer you:
A wonderfully supportive team, dedicated to delivering excellent outcomes for the children and themselves, who are supported by an experienced SLT and active Local Governing Committee with a clear vision for the future of the school
Friendly and enthusiastic children and adults who are rightly proud of their school
A firm commitment to on-going professional development and your well-being
A broad range of opportunities as part of a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) where you will work alongside a range of professionals and specialists from our expanding additional services teams.
Discounted rates at the GFM’s Leisure Facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, full gym, exercise sessions and sports courts.
If you would like to speak informally about this role in the first instance, please contact email@example.com or call 02392 616012 to arrange