Contract: Casual - Work will be offered on a casual basis following initial induction and training
Start date: as soon as possible following completion of safe recruitment checks
Hours: Assignments will generally be offered in blocks of 15-hours across a number of agreed days therefore providing some flexibility.
Salary range: The hourly rate is negotiable dependent on skills and experience
Site(s): Providing provision across all GFM Education Schools
We are looking for enthusiastic and creative graduates or undergraduates in their third year of study, to join our team of tutoring specialists.
You will tutor across the age and ability range in groups of no more than 4 pupils. You will play a part, together with other colleagues, in the continuing development of the subject you become a specialist in. Through our training programme you will become committed to providing high quality, targeted interventions for learning in a variety of subjects.
We seek applications from all subjects and are particularly interested in receiving applications from those with an A’ Level or higher qualification in English, Maths or Science.
GFM will invest in, and coordinate your skills and talents, to be able to provide this essential provision that will enable our pupils to progress rapidly following the prolonged absence from school during lockdown. The opportunity to progress into teaching may exist for those with either the experience or the potential to do so.
Applicants will have experience of:
- Building positive working relationships quickly;
- Delivering strategies to aid learning and understanding in their specialist subject area;
- Helping individuals to improve knowledge and ability;
- Advising and preparing pupils for exams and/or an ability to share experiences of exams and how best to manage and prepare for them;
- Providing detailed and constructive feedback to others;
- Working collaboratively with others to further understanding and specialist subject knowledge;
- Helping and working with young people; and
- Demonstrating an aptitude to learn quickly, whilst being responsive to feedback and maintaining an improvement attitude to a role.
We welcome applications from those with the following qualities:
- An aspiring knowledge and passion for teaching and learning;
- Endless enthusiasm and patience;
- Good communicator;
- An excellent practitioner, reflective and driven to improve;
- An ability to inspire in others a love for a specialist subject;
- Driven to improve the quality of learning across the school and a specialist subject; and
- Committed to supporting the development and improvement of others.
What can we offer:
- A training programme to support development towards becoming a competent tutor in specialist subjects aimed at targeting the development of identified pupils.
- A vibrant community where the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people is the driving force.
- The opportunity to join dedicated teams, who deliver excellent support to pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community.
- A commitment to everyone in the organisation having a passion for, and love of, learning.
- A commitment to building self-confidence, self-belief and self-esteem in young people.
- A firm commitment to on-going professional development and well-being.
- A range of leadership programmes and activities across the partnership of schools.
- Membership of a vibrant MAT where different routes to leadership, career and development opportunities exist.
- Subsidised access to a gym and swimming pool.
Hours: Full or part time
Salary range: £25,714 - £41,650 dependent on knowledge and experience
Site(s): Brune Park Community School
Gosport & Fareham Multi Academy Trust are seeking innovative English teachers to join our community.
You should be a passionate lifelong learner who is hardworking and enthusiastic with excellent subject knowledge. You will be a motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in your subject area. Successful applicants will be prepared to share their practice with colleagues and fully contribute to our in-house programme of continuing professional development.
Our students take pride in their schools, have a good work ethic and are keen to do their very best. Our learners are respectful, polite and work hard to develop into resilient young adults who we are very proud of.
We are committed to enabling all learners, irrespective of their current attainment, to achieve. As an organisation
we have adopted a ‘growth mind-set’ and introduced a monitoring culture to help develop all learners. Pupils are encouraged to participate in a range of extra-curricular activities, outings and competitions throughout the year.
An ability to teach another subject would be an advantage. Candidates are encouraged to address this in their application.
Applications from suitably experienced professionals and NQTs are most welcome.
Contract: Fixed Term and Permanent opportunities
Start date: April and September 2021
Hours: Full time
Salary range: £25,714 - £41,650 Qualified / £18,180 - £28,347 Unqualified who must have proven knowledge and experience
Site(s): Bay House School & Sixth Form
Bay House School and Sixth Form are seeking an innovative Language teacher to teach either French, German or Spanish to GCSE level or A Level. The ability to teach more than one of these languages would be an advantage.
Our students take pride in their school, have a good work ethic and are keen to do their very best. Our learners are respectful, polite and work hard to develop into resilient young adults who we are very proud of. Our Sixth Form was recently ranked joint 2nd best state A Level provider in the country for centres with over 100 candidates (DfE).
We are committed to enabling all learners, irrespective of their current attainment, to achieve. As an organisation we have adopted a ‘growth mind-set’ and introduced a monitoring culture to help develop all learners. Pupils are encouraged to participate in a range of extra-curricular activities, outings and competitions throughout the year.
You will be a motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning. You should be a passionate, lifelong learner who is hardworking and enthusiastic with excellent subject knowledge. You should be prepared to share good practice with colleagues and fully contribute to our in-house programme of continuing professional development.
Teaching is one of the most direct ways to make an impact. If you are driven by the desire to give back, to help those around you and make an invaluable contribution, we would be interested in receiving an application if you:
- understand how children develop, think and learn
- have a passion for every child achieving beyond what they might have thought possible
- have a determination to secure positive progress and have high aspirations for every pupil
- are committed to breaking down barriers to learning
- are committed to nurturing a child’s happiness and enjoyment of school and life
- have a strong commitment to safeguarding
- are an enthusiastic individual with a good sense of humour who is able to develop positive relationships with pupils, parents and team members.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join a dedicated team who deliver excellent support to our pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community
- Friendly and enthusiastic pupils and colleagues who are rightly proud of their schools
- A firm commitment to on-going professional development and your well-being, as part of a supportive and professional work environment with a focus on skill development and progression for all team members
- Membership of one of the UK’s largest public sector pension schemes
- Free access to a school gym and swimming pool.
How to apply
Applicants applying for a position must complete the GFM application form. Please ensure all sections of the application are filled in and that all gaps between employment are noted. Please do not send CVs as we are unable to accept these.
For enquiries and to return applications email: email@example.com or telephone: (023) 9261 6012
Where we receive a large volume of applications, we may close the post early, therefore you are strongly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
GFM Education is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. A “prohibition from teaching” check will be completed for all shortlisted teaching candidates including those applying for a teaching assistant/Cover Supervisor/Other work deemed directly involved with pupils where it is indicated that they have qualified teacher status or have previously worked as a teacher. All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. GFM Education pursues a policy of equality of opportunity.