Start date: as soon as possible following completion of safe recruitment checks
Hours: 33.75 per week / 39 weeks per year (term time only) - Start 8.15 am - Finish 3.30 pm (with 30 minute unpaid break)
Salary range: £14,598 actual (calculated as 33.75 ÷ 37 x 44.28 ÷ 52 x £18,795 full time equivalent)
Site(s): Bay House & Brune Park Community School
Closing date: 09/10/2020 12:00 am
Cover supervisors are responsible for supervising pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises and to manage a classroom, ensuring that pupils remain on task with the work they have been set. This is a highly rewarding, and challenging role. We are looking for individuals who are supportive, non-judgmental, patient, easy to talk to, positive and flexible. You must be able to speak to pupils in a manner which encourages and supports them.
Duties may include:
- supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures
- collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
Skills and experience you’ll need
- GCSE minimum grade C or equivalent functional skills in English and Maths
- understand how children develop, think and learn
- are able to manage groups of children
- have a passion for every child achieving beyond what they might have thought possible
- have a commitment to breaking down barriers to learning
- have a strong commitment to safeguarding
- have a determination to secure positive progress and high aspirations for and with students
- are committed to nurture a child’s happiness and enjoyment of school and life
- are an enthusiastic individual with a good sense of humour
- build positive relationships with pupils
- are a good team player who is able to develop good relationships with the people they work with
What can we offer you:
- This role could provide a suitable level of experience to support an application to our School Direct Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Programme (both Salaried and Training) or other opportunities in the field of education
- The opportunity to join a dedicated team, who deliver excellent support to our pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community
- Friendly and enthusiastic children and adults who are rightly proud of their schools
- A firm commitment to on-going professional development and your well-being
- Supervision to support you in this role
- An opportunity to be fully integrated into a fun and caring team
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of one of the UK’s largest public sector pension schemes
We will be pleased to receive applications from candidates who feel that they can contribute to the ethos of the GFM family.
How to apply
Applicants applying for a position must complete the GFM application form. Please ensure all sections of the application are filled in and that all gaps between employment are noted. Please do not send CVs as we are unable to accept these.
For enquiries and to return applications email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: (023) 9261 6012
Where we receive a large volume of applications, we may close the post early, therefore you are strongly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Thinking about training to become a teacher?
This role could provide a suitable level of experience to support an application to our GFM School Direct Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Programme or other opportunities in the field of education.
For further information about the different routes to teaching that we offer across the GFM, please contact our Initial Teacher Training Team on: email@example.com or phone: (023) 9250 5205.
GFM Education is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. A ‘prohibition from teaching’ check will be completed for all shortlisted teaching candidates including those applying for a teaching assistant/Cover Supervisor/Other work deemed directly involved with pupils where it is indicated that they have qualified teacher status or have previously worked as a teacher. All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. GFM Education pursues a policy of equality of opportunity.