Start date: ASAP on completion of safe recruitment procedures
Hours: Hours equate to 1 day per week initially
Working pattern: Dependent on meeting dates but will be set in consultation with Clerk availability
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience for the right candidate
Closing date: –
Job Description & Person Specification:
Gosport & Fareham Multi Academy Trust are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Clerk to the GFM Board. This role will suit you if you are looking for light flexible hours.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills and have a keen eye for detail
- A team-player who is personable, approachable with a good sense of humor
- Working as a Clerk to an existing trust or experience in this area would be desirable
- Providing advice to the board on governance, constitutional and procedural matters in regards to exercising the boards functions
- Providing effective administration support to the board
Role: Catering Assistant
Start date: October 2018
Hours: 32.5 hours per week – 7.30am-2.30pm Monday–Friday (half an hour unpaid break daily)
Salary: £12,209 Actual Salary Per Annum
Location: Brune Park Community School
Closing date: 31 August 2018
Gosport & Fareham Multi Academy Trust are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to join our busy in-house School Catering Department. The successful applicant will have good communication skills and empathy for young people. They will also have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and be reliable, flexible and hardworking in what can be a physically demanding position.
The duties involved are:
- To prepare, pack (where required) and serve foods to meet specifications as defined, including meal requirements of the customer and any occasional special, emergency and function catering.
- To handle cash accurately when required and ensure all monies are properly accounted for.
- To undertake cooking as required by the Catering Manager/ Estates & Facilities Manager.
- To understand and work within guidelines regarding current health, safety and hygiene regulations, and the school’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To assist with general washing up, clearing away and cleaning duties as required by the Catering Manager/Estates & Facilities Manager
- To operate all heavy equipment according to guidelines.
- To assist in the dining area in order to ensure that the service is delivered to the standard required including lifting tables and chairs and responding to ‘one off’ situations sometimes at short notice.
Desirable however not essential as training will be provided:
- Previous experience in the catering environment, knowledge of COSHH & HACCP Level 1 Food Safety Certificate.
For all enquiries please telephone Martine Wade, Catering Manager on (023) 9261 6000
How to apply
Applicants applying for a position must complete the GFM application form. Please ensure all sections of the application are filled in and that all gaps between employment are noted. Please do not send CVs as we are unable to accept these.
For enquiries and to return applications email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 023 9261 6012
Where we receive a large volume of applications, we may close the post early, therefore you are strongly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Thinking about training to become a teacher?
This role could provide a suitable level of experience to support an application to our School Direct Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Programme (both Salaried and Training) or other opportunities in the field of education.
We support both School Direct and PGCE initial teacher training opportunities. For further information please contact David Higginbottom email@example.com
GFM Education is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. A ‘prohibition from teaching’ check will be completed for all shortlisted teaching candidates including those applying for a teaching assistant/Cover Supervisor/Other work deemed directly involved with pupils where it is indicated that they have qualified teacher status or have previously worked as a teacher. All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. GFM Education pursues a policy of equality of opportunity.