The GFM Covid Premium Strategy and planned spend
The GFM anticipates a total Covid Premium income of £295,120 across the academic year based on October 2020 census data. Our funding has been allocated across our school phases (Primary, Secondary and Special Alternative Provision) using a three stage approach. This has ensured our Covid Premium strategic spending demonstrates clear intent, implementation and impact.
- Stage 1 – Immediate responsive action (Summer 2020)
- Additional support for targeted groups across the Trust throughout the summer holiday period. Including Year 6 to Year 7 ‘summer camp’ transition groups and coordinated summer school interventions.
- Stage 2 – Analysis of emerging need (September and October 2020)
- ImpactEd research tool initiation across all phases – a diagnostic tool that enables us to identify emerging needs.
- Identification of learning ‘gaps’ through the implementation of our individual school ‘recovery curriculum’ plans.
- Local agreement to combine the schools premium funding to distribute toward ratified phase led strategies.
- Stage 3 – Sustained implementation of agreed strategies and measured impact of funding spend (November 2020 to present)
- Begin implementation of agreed strategic plans across GFM school phases.
- Strategy spend to be tracked half-termly and reported to GFM Executive.
- ‘Live’ tracking of spend and impact allocated to school leaders.
- Agreed National Tuition Partners initiative to provide 1:3 interventions.