Contract: Casual - Work will be offered on a casual basis following initial induction and training
Start date: as soon as possible following completion of safe recruitment checks
Hours: Assignments will generally be offered in blocks of 15-hours across a number of agreed days therefore providing some flexibility.
Salary range: The hourly rate is negotiable dependent on skills and experience
Site(s): Providing provision across all GFM Education Schools
We are looking for enthusiastic and creative graduates or undergraduates in their third year of study, to join our team of tutoring specialists.
You will tutor across the age and ability range in groups of no more than 4 pupils. You will play a part, together with other colleagues, in the continuing development of the subject you become a specialist in. Through our training programme you will become committed to providing high quality, targeted interventions for learning in a variety of subjects.
We seek applications from all subjects and are particularly interested in receiving applications from those with an A’ Level or higher qualification in English, Maths or Science.
GFM will invest in, and coordinate your skills and talents, to be able to provide this essential provision that will enable our pupils to progress rapidly following the prolonged absence from school during lockdown. The opportunity to progress into teaching may exist for those with either the experience or the potential to do so.
Applicants will have experience of:
- Building positive working relationships quickly;
- Delivering strategies to aid learning and understanding in their specialist subject area;
- Helping individuals to improve knowledge and ability;
- Advising and preparing pupils for exams and/or an ability to share experiences of exams and how best to manage and prepare for them;
- Providing detailed and constructive feedback to others;
- Working collaboratively with others to further understanding and specialist subject knowledge;
- Helping and working with young people; and
- Demonstrating an aptitude to learn quickly, whilst being responsive to feedback and maintaining an improvement attitude to a role.
We welcome applications from those with the following qualities:
- An aspiring knowledge and passion for teaching and learning;
- Endless enthusiasm and patience;
- Good communicator;
- An excellent practitioner, reflective and driven to improve;
- An ability to inspire in others a love for a specialist subject;
- Driven to improve the quality of learning across the school and a specialist subject; and
- Committed to supporting the development and improvement of others.
What can we offer:
- A training programme to support development towards becoming a competent tutor in specialist subjects aimed at targeting the development of identified pupils.
- A vibrant community where the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people is the driving force.
- The opportunity to join dedicated teams, who deliver excellent support to pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community.
- A commitment to everyone in the organisation having a passion for, and love of, learning.
- A commitment to building self-confidence, self-belief and self-esteem in young people.
- A firm commitment to on-going professional development and well-being.
- A range of leadership programmes and activities across the partnership of schools.
- Membership of a vibrant MAT where different routes to leadership, career and development opportunities exist.
- Subsidised access to a gym and swimming pool.
How to apply
Applicants applying for a position must complete the GFM application form. Please ensure all sections of the application are filled in and that all gaps between employment are noted. Please do not send CVs as we are unable to accept these.
For enquiries and to return applications email: email@example.com or telephone: (023) 9261 6012
Where we receive a large volume of applications, we may close the post early, therefore you are strongly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
GFM Education is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. A “prohibition from teaching” check will be completed for all shortlisted teaching candidates including those applying for a teaching assistant/Cover Supervisor/Other work deemed directly involved with pupils where it is indicated that they have qualified teacher status or have previously worked as a teacher. All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. GFM Education pursues a policy of equality of opportunity.