Contract: Casual - Work will be offered on a casual basis following initial induction and training
Start date: as soon as possible following completion of safe recruitment checks
Hours: Assignments will generally be offered in blocks of 15-hours across a number of agreed days therefore providing some flexibility.
Salary range: The hourly rate is negotiable dependent on skills and experience
Site(s): Providing provision across all GFM Education Schools
We are looking for enthusiastic and creative graduates or undergraduates in their third year of study, to join our team of tutoring specialists.
You will tutor across the age and ability range in groups of no more than 4 pupils. You will play a part, together with other colleagues, in the continuing development of the subject you become a specialist in. Through our training programme you will become committed to providing high quality, targeted interventions for learning in a variety of subjects.
We seek applications from all subjects and are particularly interested in receiving applications from those with an A’ Level or higher qualification in English, Maths or Science.
GFM will invest in, and coordinate your skills and talents, to be able to provide this essential provision that will enable our pupils to progress rapidly following the prolonged absence from school during lockdown. The opportunity to progress into teaching may exist for those with either the experience or the potential to do so.
Applicants will have experience of:
- Building positive working relationships quickly;
- Delivering strategies to aid learning and understanding in their specialist subject area;
- Helping individuals to improve knowledge and ability;
- Advising and preparing pupils for exams and/or an ability to share experiences of exams and how best to manage and prepare for them;
- Providing detailed and constructive feedback to others;
- Working collaboratively with others to further understanding and specialist subject knowledge;
- Helping and working with young people; and
- Demonstrating an aptitude to learn quickly, whilst being responsive to feedback and maintaining an improvement attitude to a role.
We welcome applications from those with the following qualities:
- An aspiring knowledge and passion for teaching and learning;
- Endless enthusiasm and patience;
- Good communicator;
- An excellent practitioner, reflective and driven to improve;
- An ability to inspire in others a love for a specialist subject;
- Driven to improve the quality of learning across the school and a specialist subject; and
- Committed to supporting the development and improvement of others.
What can we offer:
- A training programme to support development towards becoming a competent tutor in specialist subjects aimed at targeting the development of identified pupils.
- A vibrant community where the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people is the driving force.
- The opportunity to join dedicated teams, who deliver excellent support to pupils to ensure positive outcomes in the classroom and wider community.
- A commitment to everyone in the organisation having a passion for, and love of, learning.
- A commitment to building self-confidence, self-belief and self-esteem in young people.
- A firm commitment to on-going professional development and well-being.
- A range of leadership programmes and activities across the partnership of schools.
- Membership of a vibrant MAT where different routes to leadership, career and development opportunities exist.
- Subsidised access to a gym and swimming pool.
Contract: Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
Start date: 19 April 2021
Hours: Full time
Salary range: £25,714 - £41,650 Qualified / £18,180 - £28,347 Unqualified who must have proven knowledge and experience
Site(s): Rowner Junior School
Closing date: 24/03/2021 12:00 am
Gosport & Fareham Multi Academy Trust are looking to appoint a Class Teacher to join a committed team at Rowner Junior School for a maternity cover.
Current developments in the GFM may see this contract being extended.
Rowner Junior School is a rapidly improving school striving to secure good outcomes for our whole community. Our school ethos is growing learners, growing leaders and growing citizens enabling pupils (and adults) to achieve, be successful as members of a community and be prepared for their next learning steps. We are an inclusive school supporting pupils and their families to overcome any barriers to social and emotional development as well as barriers to academic learning.
As an organisation we have adopted a growth mindset developing a culture of positive and resilient attitudes towards learning. We value the development of the ‘whole child’ and our curriculum provides opportunities to have a range of experiences and opportunities beyond the school day this includes participating in Dance Live, Field Gun and
You will be:
- Experienced or newly qualified
- A superb classroom practitioner with high expectations of children’s learning and behaviour
- Hard working and committed to ensuring excellent standards in progress and attainment
- A loyal, enthusiastic practitioner who shares our aspiration that every child achieves their potential
- Able to work honestly and openly in close partnership with all stakeholders
We can offer you:
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who are proud of their school
- A firm commitment to your professional learning and well being
- A cohesive team, dedicated to delivering excellent outcomes for the children and themselves, who are supported by an experienced leader
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary range: Unpaid
Site(s): Cross MAT
Play your part in supporting your local school community and keep young people and our wider community safe. The GFM is seeking expressions of interest from those in the local community who may be willing to volunteer to assist us with the COVID-19 Rapid Testing Programme the Government is requiring schools to implement.
Following the Department of Education’s announcement, we are in urgent need of COVID-19 Rapid Testing Volunteers to support our schools in mandatory testing. We are currently awaiting further guidance and details from the Government to enable us to prepare for the roll out of Rapid Lateral Flow COVID Testing to our staff and students from the start of the Spring Term 2021.
We are looking for volunteers who are available immediately and who can spare as little as a few hours a week during the school day to help administer the new tests. Full training and PPE will be provided and you will be directly helping to drive down rates of infection in our town and community.
Your role will be to:
- Sign off and schedule testing activities;
- Ensure communications and consent are actioned;
- Manage positive cases as per the GFM policy.
If you are interested in this position, please can you download and complete the volunteer application form and return to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for this position.
How to apply
Applicants applying for a position must complete the GFM application form. Please ensure all sections of the application are filled in and that all gaps between employment are noted. Please do not send CVs as we are unable to accept these.
For enquiries and to return applications email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: (023) 9261 6012
Where we receive a large volume of applications, we may close the post early, therefore you are strongly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
GFM Education is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. A “prohibition from teaching” check will be completed for all shortlisted teaching candidates including those applying for a teaching assistant/Cover Supervisor/Other work deemed directly involved with pupils where it is indicated that they have qualified teacher status or have previously worked as a teacher. All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. GFM Education pursues a policy of equality of opportunity.