Contract: Temporary - maternity cover
Start date: 4 January 2022
Hours: Full time
Salary range: £25,714 - £41,650 dependent on knowledge and experience
Site(s): Cross Secondary (Bay House and Brune Park School)
Closing date: 12/10/2021 12:00 am
If you are passionate about sport, and want to help young people improve their physical fitness and interest in sport, GFM Education is an organisation you will want to join.
The role of a PE teacher is to plan and teach a variety of lessons in physical education, to improve physical and social skills, in children of different ages. It’s about sharing your passion for sport, encouraging children to be more active, and to try new sports, as well as giving them the tools to improve physically and mentally. You will be helping children to develop stronger muscles and co-ordination; understand how the body works and how to keep healthy (i.e. importance of warm up/cool down exercises to reduce injuries etc.); develop healthy body image ideas; and improve confidence both in terms of playing sport and general life.
Key skills and traits required:
- Good athletic ability and knowledge of the human body
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire
- Good initiative, and problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm and show empathy
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing situations
We are looking for an outstanding teacher of Physical Education who has a positive disposition and is forward-thinking. You will work as a part of a large and successful team delivering PE across the curriculum, including GCSE, level 2 vocational awards and A-level. You will have access to our fantastic facilities across the trust including a Swimming Pool, 3G Astroturf and multiple Sports Halls.
Energy, enthusiasm, positivity and a readiness to contribute to the full breadth of our provision are must-haves. You will be willing to go above and beyond for our students and community to support the trust’s vision in providing unique and equitable opportunities and experiences.
We would be interested in receiving applications from both experienced and ECT colleagues if you;
- Have a passion for every child achieving beyond what they might have thought possible
- Have a commitment to breaking down barriers to learning
- are a highly effective communicator and a ‘people’ person
- Have a strong commitment to safeguarding
- Are sensitive to students’ needs
- Have a determination to secure positive progress and high aspirations for and with students
- are committed to nurture a child’s happiness and enjoyment of school and life
- are an enthusiastic individual and team player with a good sense of humour
Interviews will be held week commencing 18 October
Any offer of employment will be conditional on receipt of;
- proof of right to work in the UK
- satisfactory references
- pre-employment medical check
- clear enhanced DBS check
How to apply
Applicants applying for a position must complete the GFM application form. Please ensure all sections of the application are filled in and that all gaps between employment are noted. Please do not send CVs as we are unable to accept these.
For enquiries and to return applications email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: (023) 9261 6012
Where we receive a large volume of applications, we may close the post early, therefore you are strongly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
GFM Education is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. A “prohibition from teaching” check will be completed for all shortlisted teaching candidates including those applying for a teaching assistant/Cover Supervisor/Other work deemed directly involved with pupils where it is indicated that they have qualified teacher status or have previously worked as a teacher. All successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. GFM Education pursues a policy of equality of opportunity.