We are looking to appoint confident, self-motivated individuals to join our busy grounds team at schools within the Trust.
Applicants should have a strong work ethic, be organised and have the ability to take the initiative to deal with problems as they arise. You should have a positive, pro-active attitude and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You should be prepared for interaction with pupils whilst on our sites and you will therefore be a good communicator with a friendly and patient approach.
The role is a physically demanding role with duties typically including but not limited to;
- setting out and marking lines on surfaces
- installing and maintaining equipment like nets, posts and protective covers
- maintaining irrigation and drainage systems
- looking after surrounding areas – plant displays, concrete or tarmac
- applying nutrients
- identifying and controlling weeds
- operating equipment like hedge cutters, strimmers and ride-on mowers
- general maintenance/repair of fencing
Please refer to the job description for further information.
Your tasks vary according to the season and weather conditions.
Some Saturday working may be necessary and applicants must be flexible and prepared to work some of their contracted hours at other schools within the Trust as required.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- the ability to work well with others
- physical skills like movement, coordination, dexterity and grace
- the ability to work well with your hands
What can we offer you;
- The opportunity to join a friendly dedicated team who take pride in delivering an excellent service
- Supportive and professional work environment
- Supervision to support you in this role
- An opportunity to be fully integrated into a fun and caring team
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of one of the UK’s largest public sector pension schemes
- Assistance to work towards associated qualifications