This position will attract a 14% shift allowance and may include some evening/weekend work. Applicants must be flexible and prepared to work some of their contracted hours at other schools within the Trust as required.
Our Estates team undertake a range of activities including site security, routine maintenance, decorating, occasional moving and handling of heavy objects, lifting, ensuring the site is kept clean and safe and providing a general porterage service to the school sites. The role will require working at heights on occasion and assisting with community lettings/hirers.
Your day-to-day tasks may include but not limited to:
- carrying out day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs;
- making sure that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly;
- making sure that doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use;
- checking the premises to guard against vandalism or break-ins;
- opening up the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day;
- arranging chairs and tables for meetings and clearing away afterwards;
- accepting deliveries and routing mail.
If you are a confident, self-motivated individual with good communication skills and a friendly, patient approach, we would welcome an application from you. Applicants should have a strong work ethic, be organised and have the ability to take the initiative to deal with problems as they arise. We are looking for individuals who have a positive, pro-active attitude and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
What can we offer you;
- The opportunity to join a dedicated fun and caring team.
- A firm commitment to on-going professional development and your well-being.
- Supportive and professional work environment.
- Supervision and training opportunities to support you in this role.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Membership of one of the UK’s largest public sector pension schemes.
The GFM is the first localised Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) established in Hampshire. The founding schools of the GFM are Bay House Academy, Brune Park School, Gomer Junior School and LWS Academy. Rowner Junior School joined the GFM in September 2018.